ISRO is offering a five-day free online course on geospatial technology. The course is called “Overview of Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Technology”, and upon successfully completing the course, and achieving 70 percent attendance, participants will also be given certificates from ISRO.
The candidate who wants to participate in the course should be a student of final year undergraduate course or
postgraduate course (any year). Technical / Scientific Staff of Central / State Government / Faculty / researchers at
university / institutions are also eligible to apply for this course.
Applications of participants have to be duly sponsored by university/institute and forwarded through coordinators from respective centres.
The main goal of this distance learning program is to educate users, researchers, and professionals on the concept of FOSS4G. The course aims to spread knowledge and provide practical applications for using FOSS4G software. Some of the topics that will be covered as part of the course are as follows:
Overview of geospatial technology.
- FOSS for desktop GIS.
- FOSS for spatial DBMS.
- FOSS for Web GIS.
- FOSS for 3D GIS.
How to Apply
Course updates and other details will be available on URL- http://www.iirs.gov.in/Edusat-News/
- To participate in this course, interested organizations / universities / departments / institutes have to identify a
- coordinator at their end. The identified coordinator will register online their Institute as nodal center in IIRS website (https://elearning.iirs.gov.in/edusatregistration/ coordinator).
- All the participants have to register online through registration page (https://elearning.iirs.gov.in/
- edusatregistration/student) by selecting their organization as nodal center.
- The last date to apply for the course is 21 April 2023, and interested participants will